When Somebody Loves You...

Today's post is dedicated to a man I honestly don't deserve. Seriously. He patiently listens to me ramble for hours about clay and glazes and my dreams, and today as he waited around for me for four hours while I indulged my new found passion, I realized just how lucky I am. For some reason it brought the following song to mind:

When somebody loves you
It's no good unless he loves you all the way
Happy to be near you
When you need someone to cheer you all the way

Taller than the tallest tree
That's how it's got to feel
Deeper than the deep blue sea
That's how deep it goes if it's real

When somebody needs you
It's no good unless he needs you all the way
Through the good or lean years
And for all the in between years come what may

Who knows where the road will lead us
Only a fool would say
But if you'll let me love you
It's for sure I'm gonna love you all the way

Thank you, Sammy Cahn and Jimmy VanHeusen for penning a song that could capture a feeling so succinctly. Because, honestly, that's how I feel about him. He is continually proving that nobility and chivalry are alive and well. So many times I've watched him sacrifice his own desires and dreams for those he loves. This is a man that will stay up when he's exhausted just because his children feel like talking. Or he'll take the dog in -30 weather all alone so his shivering wife can stay home in her blankets and not turn into an icicle.

Perhaps I'm overdoing it. But I don't think so. And maybe the glow of a successful pottery day is coloring my perceptions in general, but he really is that good. Honestly.



Yes, some of my pieces were already sold when I arrived for my stint at the sale, and even better, this week's firing was a success. Many happy surprises. A few boo boos (like a couple of fused lids as well as a hideous clear matte glaze that looked like crystalized honey - ick!), naturally, but mostly good stuff. Lots of positive reinforcement, and having Trevor there to share it with me just made me feel like a walking marshmallow. Sometimes life is just too good not to share it, and having him there to share it made it absolutely perfect.

Comments